Apprentice Screening/Application Policy and Procedure
Every new Apprentice applicant must supply Local Union 188 with ALL of the documents listed below. If you do not include ALL of the documents you will not be able to complete your application. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS!
This test must be taken first and results given to Local 188.
Please contact the person below to schedule your Tabe Test!
Worksource Coastal One Stop
7216 Skidaway Road, Savannah, GA 31406
- Passing Grade from the Tabe Test
- $25.00 Application Fee (Cash or Check only)
- Copy of a valid Driver’s License – Identification cards will not be accepted.
- Copy of a valid Birth Certificate
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED
- Transcript of Grades from High School or GED
- If prior military copy of your DD214
As stated above, once you have compiled the above required documents you may then and only then complete the Apprentice application, in person, at the union hall, located at 2337 E. Victory Drive Savannah, GA 31404. You will be contacted by mail with a date and time for your interview.
The cut off for accepting applications is July 1 of every year.
All applications received by July 1st of each year will be sent a letter to come to an interview session that will be held at the Union Hall at the end of July or by the middle of August. Each Applicant will be sent a letter by mail if they are accepted or not into the program.
Apprentices attend school 2 nights per week from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm and will go to work with a signatory contractor when work is available.